STOCKHOLM: Sweden's H&M, the world's second-biggest fashion retailer, on Wednesday reported a 33% growth in quarterly profit which beat expectations, as shoppers flocked to its stores in the aftermath of the pandemic.
The company reported a pretax profit of 4.78 billion Swedish crowns ($470.76 million) in the second quarter, up from 3.59 billion crowns a year earlier. Analysts polled by Refinitiv had on average forecast a 3.87 billion crown profit.
"Sales in physical stores increased substantially while online continues to do well," Chief Executive Officer Helena Helmersson said in a statement.
Sales were up 12% year-on-year when measured in local currencies, at 54.5 billion crowns in its fiscal second quarter, the Swedish company said in a statement. Analysts polled by Refinitiv had on average predicted sales of 52.8 billion crowns.
Its biggest rival Inditex, the owner of Zara, had also reported an 80% jump in first-quarter profit on the back of soaring sales.
H&M said sales in June are expected to fall by 6% in local currencies compared with a year earlier, mostly because of the halting of its business in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
The company has temporarily closed its stores in Russia in March after Russia's invasion of Ukraine in late February. The country was H&M's sixth-biggest market with 4% of sales in the fourth quarter of 2021.
It also closed stores in China, where consumer demand has slumped due to COVID-19 lockdowns.
High raw material and transport costs have been a hurdle for fashion retailers and companies have been passing them to consumers by hiking prices.
"Disruption and delays still exist in the supply chain, but are gradually being eased," Helmersson said.
Despite increased costs, an increase in full-price sales and decrease in markdowns helped H&M to increase operating margins to 9.2% from 8.3%.
($1 = 10.1538 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee and Anna Ringstrom in Stockholm, editing by Stine Jacobsen and Louise Heavens)
allbet欧博真人客户端（www.aLLbet8.vip）_Fashion retailer H&M's second-quarter profit beats expectations
作者:admin 分类:社会 日期:2022-07-02 浏览:13 评论:0
- Telegram美国群组（www.tg888.vip）:寿司店客人朝回转盘「恶炸1举」 她目睹吓：以后用点的
- 澳洲幸运5彩票开奖网（www.a55555.net）:From high-flying restaurateur to investor
- Gmaing:Consumer energy debt already at record levels
- 环球UG:Singapore’s next big challenge is already here
- 足球免费贴士（www.hgbbs.vip）:Wall St Week Ahead-Soft landing hopes for US economy brighten outlook on stocks
- 新2会员网址（www.hg108.vip）:Wide-body jet demand humming again as Boeing 787 rejoins the fray
- CPO stocks likely to remain elevated
- telegram群组搜索（www.tel8.vip）:FBM KLCI maintains lead following positive GDP result
- 皇冠平台出租（www.hg108.vip）:Insight - China has painted itself into a chip corner
- 澳5官网:Bursa trades cautiously ahead of GDP