KUALA LUMPUR: There is caution on the domestic market as investors speculate on fresh monetary policy to mitigate the rising inflationary pressure.
At 9.05am, the FBM KLCI was down 1.42 points to 1,448.32. There were 132 decliners compared with 100 gainers, reflecting the overall weakness on the market.
Trading volume was 112.76 million shares compared with RM39.53mil.
According to Kenanga Research, the market may strive to find a firmer footing amid the cautious sentiment, and as investors move on from the bearish developments of the first half of the year.
However, major economic developments in the coming week continue to be driving factors of market sentiment.
"In the coming week, all eyes will be on Bank Negara Malaysia’s monetary policy committee meeting scheduled on Wednesday amid speculations that the policymakers may raise the Overnight Policy Rate to tame rising inflationary pressure.
"An update on the Malaysian economic fundamentals will also be available when the industrial production index report is released on Friday," said Kenanga.
Technically however, the FBM KLCI may build on the previous week's relief rally after snapping a five-day losing streak.
"Temporary foothold somewhere between our adjusted immediate support and resistance thresholds of 1,440 and 1,475.
"Beyond the near term, downside risks still outweigh upside potentials in the absence of apparent technical reversal signals," said Kenanga.
Trading was tepid among the blue chips with changes in Maybank up two sen to RM8.64, IHH down five sen to RM6.43 and Press Metal falling four sen to RM4.66.
Among telcos, Digi slid four sne to RM3.60 while Axiata gained one sen to RM2.84.
Meanwhile, Gamuda was up two sen to RM3.57 after announcing a RM1.97bil job win from Air Selangor on Friday.Top actives were Reach unchanged at 5.5 sen, Top Glove down two sen to 99 sen and MMAG unchanged at 5.5 sen.
Slow start on Bursa on ongoing inflation fears
作者:admin 分类:社会 日期:2022-07-05 浏览:23 评论:0
- telegram搜索不到（www.tel8.vip）:FBM KLCI jumps 14.77 points to 2-month high
- 免费足球推介网（www.hgbbs.vip）:Protasco bags RM299mil Kedah contract
- 欧博官网:Ringgit falls as investors await Fed's direction
- Telegram采集:Shifting priorities for property
- 新2注册（www.hg108.vip）:BFood expects its Starbucks outlets to maintain revenue momentum
- 猎球者（www.99cx.vip）:Airasia looks to re-establish Penang hub considering strong regional demand
- 薅羊毛电报群（www.tel8.vip）:Berjaya Food net profit soars to RM122.74mil in FY22
- 环球ug代理开户（www.ugbet.us）:Stocks subdued, oil weakens on recession fears
- Semiconductor players to benefit from potential FDI
- Telegram获取群成员（www.tel8.vip）:Local telcos to be given priority in 5G rollout